Description: This workshop is an introduction to the concept of Emotional Intelligence and the Emotional Quotient 2.0 Model with a focus on practical uses of competencies through group activities and practice. To lead others effectively, you must first lead yourself. To do that you need to know yourself. Emotional Intelligence is a significant aspect of a leader’s self awareness and self management. Emotional Intelligence is integrated into a transformational approach to leadership which is linked to increased team member motivation and commitment, organizational performance, and a healthy and positive work culture.
The EQi 2.0 model with 5 scales and 15 sub-scales:
- Self Perception: Self-regard, Self-actualization, Self-awareness.
- Self Expression: Emotional expression, Assertiveness, Independence.
- Interpersonal: Interpersonal relationships, Empathy, Social responsibility.
- Decision Making: Problem solving, Reality testing, Impulse control.
- Stress Management: Flexibility, Stress tolerance, Optimism.
Audience polling to determine priorities of scales/sub-scales for group activities.
The link between Emotional Intelligence and Leadership effectiveness.
The link between Emotional Intelligence and Well-being.
Introduction to the outputs / benefits of an EQ1 2.0 assessment and debrief (not part of the workshop).
Duration: Full Day
Minimum: 12 participants
Maximum: 24 participants
Location: The Schoolhouse 2.0 Experiential Learning | 4010 County Rd 29, RR#4, Brockville, ON K6V 5T4
Pre-Requisites: Age 19 or older